HP is a reputed printer manufacturer that manufactures top-quality printers. People love to choose HP printers rather than any other printers. HP printers fulfill all the printing needs of their users, but the thing that causes a nuisance to HP printer users is the emergence of an error code. One of the most annoying error codes on HP printers is E9. In this article, we will explain the ways to sort out the HP printer error code E9. With the help of the methods given in the article, one can quickly get rid of the error. Let’s take a look at the procedure to fix the error code E9 on an HP printer.
When Does the Error Code E9 Occur on an HP Printer?
Error codes are common on any printer. The occurrence of an error code indicates that there is something wrong with your printer. An error code is written in a specific language that only a printer expert can understand well. If your printer is displaying an error code, you need to understand what it means and then try to fix it. The causes for the error code E9 have been mentioned below:
- The error code E9 may occur on your HP printer if any foreign object is lying inside the printer.
- The occurrence of the error code E9 is common when any hardware issue exists on your HP printer.
- The issue with ink cartridges may also lead to the error code E9.
Note: We have described the causes of the error code E9 above. By understanding the causes, you will be able to resolve the error code easily. We will let you know about the solutions to eliminate the error code E9 below.
Solutions to Rectify the Error Code E9 on HP Printers
Below is the detailed procedure to help you resolve the HP printer error code E9. Let’s take a look at the solutions.
To sort out the error code E9 on your HP printer, follow the step-by-step procedure:
- First and foremost, you need to open the cover of the scanner.
- On the left side of the scanner cover help, you will see the corners on both the right and left sides.
- You need to check if any paper scrap or any other foreign object is lying inside the printer.
- Clean up any jam that you notice inside the printer.
- Make sure that the printer head moves without any obstructions.
- To check it, you will have to move it by using your hands.
- Keep in mind that the dust may cause several problems to your HP printer.
- Clean the dust on the HP printer.
- Press and hold the Cancel button for 5 seconds before the printhead is in the middle position.
- Check for any scrap of paper and remove it.
- Now, you need to open the cover of Jam clear and take a look inside the printer.
- If there is any jammed paper, take it out gently.
- Make sure that it is not ripped when you pull it out.
- When all the steps are complete, switch to the Control Panel that appears at the bottom of the HP printer.
- Choose the option that reads “Improve Quality Print.”
- Do as you wish by pressing the DOWN and UP arrow keys.
- Click the Start button now.
- The process will start and take a few minutes to complete.
- Check if the error code E9 is fixed now.
We have already mentioned that the error E9 is also caused owing to the issue with the ink cartridges on a printer. Fix the error E9 on your HP printer by following the instructions mentioned below:
- Turn off the HP printer, detach the power cords and place it in a secure place.
- After that, you need to open the cover that encloses the cartridges.
- Use both your hands and pull the cover gently.
- After opening the cover, take out the ink cartridges and see if the cartridges have sufficient ink.
- If you have installed the third-party cartridges, replace them with the branded ones.
- Doing the process will help you get rid of the error code E9 on your HP printer.
Note: If you are not tech-savvy and don’t know much about printers, avoid taking risks and contact a printer expert to fix the error.
In the article, we have shared the methods to fix the HP printer error code E9. By following the step-by-step procedure mentioned above, anyone can get rid of it easily. We hope the solutions are helpful to you.
Goku smith and I’m a Printer Operator for 8 years. I live in USA Though many companies manufacture printers, in my experience, HP printers are the best.Visit the website 123.hp.com/setup