Canon has always been the most popular brand that produces a great variety of electronic products. And out of all the devices, Canon printers are the most widely used devices as they include multiple great printing functionalities.
However, most of the time, Canon printers work just fine, but sometimes, there can be some circumstances where you might face some issues. For instance, many Canon printer users have encountered an error code 5200 on their printing devices.
Such error mainly occurs because of the cartridge problems. But, this issue can be resolved with some simple tricks. Do you also use a Canon printing device and are facing the same issue? Don’t know how to fix it?
If you have the error code 5200 on your Canon printing device and want to get rid of it, you have landed in the right place. So, to get the solutions to fix this issue, please go through this entire post.
Here, we will show you some tricks, following which you can fix the Canon printer error code 5200.
More About Canon Printer Error Code 5200
Canon printer error code 5200 can occur due to various reasons. One of the leading causes of this problem is the low ink levels in your cartridge. Besides, it can also be due to a faulty cartridge or issues with the logic board.
Whatever the reason, you can resolve the issue by following the techniques that we will mention here. The methods given here are simple and convenient that anyone can easily follow. So, let’s get started by discussing the first technique.
Method 1: Fixing the Canon Printer Error Code 5200 by Refilling all the Ink Cartridges /Ink Tank
Follow the mentioned instructions to fix the issue with your Canon printing device:
- First of all, you need to check the ink levels in the black and colored ink cartridges. If they are running low, then you need to get them filled.
- Fill the black cartridge and make sure that the color ink cartridge is also filled.
- And this might help you to resolve the error 5200 occurring on your Canon printing device.
Method 2: Fix the Issue by Cleaning the Cartridges/Print Head Manually
Here is the second method following which you can fix error code 5200 on your Canon printing device. Follow the instructions mentioned below:
- First, unplug the power cable of your Canon printer and leave it as it is for a while.
- And now, you need to take out the ink cartridges from your device and then clean their head correctly and carefully.
- After cleaning the print head, you will have to re-insert the cartridges into your printer.
- And then, re-plug the power cable into your device and turn it on using the power button.
Method 3: Resetting the Canon Printer Settings to Default
If the methods mentioned above failed to solve the issue, you could reset your printer settings to default to resolve the issue. Here’s how you can do so:
- Firstly, to get started, turn on your Canon printer using the power button provided on it.
- After turning on your printing device, you will now have to press the “Setup” button.
- Now, you will need to use the arrow buttons to navigate to your printer’s screen and select the option of “Device Settings.” And then hit the “Ok” button.
- After this, keep pressing the arrow keys until you find the “Reset Settings” option on your device’s screen. And when you see this option, click on it.
- Press the “Ok” button once again, and then select the option of “Reset All.”
- And lastly, select the option of “Yes” appearing on your printer display and then press “Ok.”
- So, that’s all you will need to do to reset your Canon printer settings to default.
So, these are the three simple techniques that any Canon printer user can quickly try to fix the error code 5200. Go on and try any of these methods now if you are also facing the same issue. And go to our official website to read more articles like this.