It is one of the most common errors that appear on the Microsoft Windows 10 operating system. So if you face this error on your computer, you should not worry about it since it is effortless to fix. However, you should not be careless when it appears and should not ignore it at any cost. When this error appears, your device will not receive the required security and essential software updates. Therefore, it is very crucial to make sure that you fix this error and make sure your Windows update program works correctly. Without proper Windows updates, your computer will not work as effectively as it can with updates.
Please keep reading this article to troubleshoot this problem.
Fixing Windows Update Error 0x8007001F
Windows Update Troubleshooter
Microsoft has provided a Windows update troubleshooter on their Windows 10 computers. You can use it to fix the windows update-related issues on your computer. Please see the below instructions to run the Windows Update troubleshooter:
- First of all, navigate your computer’s settings by pressing the Windows + I key on your keyboard.
- Select the ‘update and security’ section.
- Choose the ‘troubleshoot’ option from the left side navigation bar.
- Click on ‘Windows update’ located inside ‘Get up and running.’
Hold on and let the troubleshooter scan your computer for ongoing Windows update-related errors. It will automatically detect the windows update errors and fix them. Restart your computer once you have completed this scan. Now check if you can update your computer operating system using the windows update service. If you are still facing the same error code while updating Windows, you can follow the next solution.
Deactivate Your Antivirus
Sometimes third-party antiviruses can also interfere with the windows update processes. However, you can disable them to fix the ongoing problem. These tips can help you with that:
- First of all, locate the third-party antivirus icon in the system tray on the bottom right corner of your computer.
- Please perform a right-click on the antivirus icon in the system tray.
- Select the Disable option or similar option to deactivate your antivirus.
- Please specify the period for which you wish to keep your security program deactivated.
- Restart your computer after you disable your antivirus, and then try updating your computer.
Fix audio driver issues
You must fix your computer audio drivers as they can also cause the Windows update service to stop working. You can use the built-in troubleshooter on your computer to fix the audio issues. If you go through the below steps, you can easily fix your audio driver problems on your computer:
- Navigate to the settings using the start menu.
- Click on the system and then click on sound.
- There is a button that says, ‘troubleshoot.’
- Please click on that.
- Hang on and let the troubleshooter complete the troubleshooting process.
- Meanwhile, you can enjoy your favorite coffee and when the troubleshooting completes, simply restart your computer.
- Check if the Windows error code is gone or not.
We hope you have followed and liked the interesting suggestions we have given in this article