We all know that Reels are videos on Instagram. But what if someone wants to make reels out of their photos? People sometimes want to add their photos of travel or something fun in the Instagram reel. So, you might be here with that question: can you make it? We have the answer for you, and it is yes, you can do it easily. You can easily make reels with both photos and videos on a smartphone. If you want to know how then just read along, and you will know the answer here in this blog.
Add Photos Directly to Instagram Reels
Earlier, Instagram did not support photos to be added in Reels. When you tried, an error saying, ‘Photos are not supported in Reels’ appeared. The situation is not the same now, and you can easily add pictures to Instagram Reels through the gallery. But you should update your Instagram app before trying the process below:
- Firstly, Open the Instagram app on your smartphone and go to the Reels option.
- At the bottom-right corner, you will see the Gallery icon; click on it. Then find the photo from any folder or recent ones. Click on that photo to add it to the Reel.
- Now you have to adjust the length of the video on the next screen that is created by using the photo that you inserted. You have to click and drag the corners to adjust its length. Then click on the Add option to add it to your Reel. You can also add more photos or videos from your gallery if you want.
- You can select multiple pictures by tapping on the Select multiple icons. Or you can touch and hold any of the pictures. This will also make the selection circle appear. You can easily select and click Next and lastly, adjust the video length.
After doing all this, you can add music, text, or other audio to your Reels on Instagram.
Add Effects to Still Photos for Instagram Reels
So, you have uploaded a reel consisting of photos, but it’s not glowing up, and you think you should add an animated effect to them. You can easily do that using the Instagram Story feature.
- Firstly, select the photos you want in the Instagram story mode.
- Now, if you want to add effects to your photos, click on the effects icon and choose the filter you think is the best for your photo. Then tap on the hit button.
- Now, after adding the effect, click on download, and you can save the photo in your gallery.
- Then upload the photo as a video to your Reel.
Add Photos to Reels Using Instagram Story
If the above method doesn’t work, then try this method because the Instagram story will help you put photos as Instagram reels. Add your photos to the story and add a music sticker to it and then download the picture. When you add the Music sticker, the picture will be downloaded as the video, and then you can put them in your reels as video. Here are the steps:
- Firstly, go to your Instagram, and then from the gallery, select the picture.
- Then tap on the Sticker and choose Music.
- Then just tap on the songs you want to add to the picture. You can choose from existing or run a search. Choose the smallest Music sticker designs. Tap on the smallest so that you can hide it easily. Tap on Done.
- Drag the sticker at the bottom so that you can hide it easily. Now just tap on download.
Here are some different methods by which you can add photos as Reels on Instagram. We think the first method should be enough. But you can choose whichever you like