HP printers are reliable and offer high-quality prints that other printers fail to offer. Sometimes, HP printers may cause a nuisance to their users when they show an error code. In the article, we have discussed seven HP printer errors and their solutions. By following the steps described below in the article, an HP printer user can quickly eliminate several common errors. Take a look at the solutions below to fix HP printer errors.
What Leads to an Error Code on HP Printers?
An error code occurs when a printer is not functioning properly or has any technical problems. An error code indicates that your printer has a technical issue with it. The earlier you try to fix the error code, the better it is. We have discussed seven error codes and their surefire solutions. Read the solutions below to get rid of these issues.
Solutions to Rectify HP Printer Error Codes
HP printer errors may affect your printing experience. To help you resolve several common error codes, we have shared effective solutions below. Try out the methods and fix the HP printer errors quickly. Read below.
Fix HP Printer Error Code
The best way to get rid of several common HP printer errors is by resetting your HP printer. If you face any error, reset the HP printer to fix the issue. Follow these steps:
- First, you need to turn on your HP printer.
- Now, wait to see it in an idle state.
- When the HP printer is in ON mode, directly unplug the power cable from the printer.
- Apart from this, detach the power cables from the primary power source too.
- Wait for at least 5 minutes.
- Keep the HP printer disconnected from all power sources.
- After five minutes, reconnect the printer to the power source.
- Turn on the printer.
- Start printing documents.
- The process above will help you in rectifying several common error codes.
Clear the “Warming Up” Error
An HP printer user can see the “Warming Up” error message on their HP printer. Below is how you can fix it quickly. Follow the process given below.
- First and foremost, you need to connect your system to the high-speed internet, visit the Canon Drivers page, download and update the HP printer drivers.
- After you have updated the printer drivers, you have to replace the USB cable if it seems defective.
- Turn the printer off and turn it back on.
- Carrying out the process will make the error message disappear on your HP printer.
- If the error persists, it can be due to a hardware issue.
Clear the “Paper Out” Error Message
One of the most common error messages on several HP printers is the “Paper Out” error message. If you ever see the “Paper Out” error message on an HP printer, you can rectify it by following the step-by-step instructions given below.
- First, open the paper tray and make sure that it is not overloaded with papers.
- If it is empty, you need to load it with a few paper sheets.
- If the paper tray is not empty, there may be an issue with the paper sensor.
- You need to ensure that the paper sensor is clean.
- Try printing a test page to see if the error code is gone.
Troubleshoot Data Transfer Error
When the connection between an HP printer and the system is not properly established, an HP printer user may face a data transfer problem. To resolve the issue, follow the instructions mentioned below:
- First of all, you need to make sure that the connection between the HP printer and the system is proper, check if USB cables are not defective or damaged.
- Check if you have connected the USB cables correctly.
- Check the IP settings and ensure that network-related settings are correct.
- In several cases, the error code can be fixed by pressing the “Select” button, but doing so may clear the print data.
Troubleshoot Error Code 22 on HP Printer
The error code 22 generally occurs when there is a communication issue between an HP printer and the system. To help you fix the error code 22, we have explained the process below. Follow the steps:
- To begin the process, plug the printer into different ports available and see if they work.
- If doing so does not work, replace the current cable with a new one.
- If the error code does not go away, contact an engineer to check for a hardware issue.
Note: The error code 22 occurs due to the communication issue between your printing device and the system. If the solution explained above does not work, we ask you to call an HP printer expert. They will rectify the printer issue for you.
Clear the Printer Device Error on HP Printers
To fix the printer device error on an HP printer, you can follow the steps described below:
- Ensure that the paper tray is in the correct position and reinstall the staple stacker.
- Make sure that the HP printer settings are configured correctly.
- Finally, carry out the reset process.
- The steps will fix the error.
HP printers are popular and reliable in the arena of printers. In the article above, we have explained the great solutions to seven HP printer issues. We hope you find these solutions quite helpful.
Goku smith and I’m a Printer Operator for 8 years. I live in USA Though many companies manufacture printers, in my experience, HP printers are the best.Visit the website 123.hp.com/setup