In this article, we have discussed the ways using which you can customize your Apple Watch app view. The users do have the habit of tweaking the app view apart from customizing their Apple Watch faces using complications to get a more personalized experience. Placing the apps in the “List View” often does the trick. However, at other times, asimple rearrangement of app icons works, thereby giving a slightly refreshed look to the Apple Watchapp view. In case you haven’t unlocked this nifty hack, you may follow along the steps mentioned below in order to customize your Apple Watch app view.
Tips to Customize Apple Watch App View
You may choose from two view types on watchOS: List and Grid. In the ListView, all the installed apps get lined up in an alphabetical scrolling view; however, the grid or the honeycomb view lays out the icon of the appsin a hexagonal grid. The grid view also has a significant advantage over the list view, as it offers users the flexibility to place the watch app icons in the desired place to get a customized feel andlook.
Switch Between Grid View and List View on Apple Watch
You can follow the steps mentioned below to switch between the grid and the list view on watchOS:
- On your Apple Watch, head over to the Settings app.
- Now, click on the App View.
- Further, choose yourpreferred view. You may go for either the ListView or the Grid View. The ListView places the applications in alphabetical order. However, the Grid View lays out the apps in a hexagonal grid format. By default, the Grid View is selected.
You will see slight variations in the process of switching between the grid and list in watchOS 7. The major cause for this is the removal of the Force Touch feature.
However, if you are using a watchOS version 6 or a previous one, simply tap and hold your Apple Watch’s home screen and further select your preferred view. Yes, it was actually easy and straightforward in the times of Force Touch.
Switch Between List and Grid View Using Watch App on iPhone
You can change the app view using the Watch app on your iOS device. Simply follow the steps mentioned below:
- Head over to the Watch app on your iOS device.
- Further, you need to select the My Watch tab appearing on the left side at the bottom of your device’s screen.
- Now, click on App View.
- Finally, choose your preferred view, and changes will come into effect immediately.
Rearrange Apple Watch Apps in Grid View Using iPhone
You cannot fine-tune the list view on watchOS; however, using the Watch app on your iOS device, you can rearrange the apps in grid view.
- On your iOS device, you need to launch the Watch app and further tap on the option App View.
- Further, ensure that you have selected the Grid View.
- Now, you need to click on “Arrangement.”
- Then, tap and hold the app icon and further place it at your desired spot on the screen. In order to quickly access the apps, you may keep all the apps related to gaming on one side and other (expense trackers/workout)apps on the other side.
That’s it. Now, you can quit the settings once you have customized the app layout. You can now observe the change on your Apple Watch.
So, these were the instructions using which you can easily fine-tune Apple Watch App View. Now that you are aware of the steps on how it works, you can make the most out of it to prevent the monotonous feeling. Alongside this, watchOS 7 has been introduced with a vast range of updated features. For instance, Private MAC Address, native sleep tracking, battery health, and more.Do let us know what your top picks are and what all you are expecting in the upcoming watchOS 8.