In this article, we have discussed the way using which you can create QR Codes for URLs using Chrome. QR codesare the most widely accepted mediums to share information, as the technology has the capability to storeover 4,296 alphanumeric characters or 7,089 numbers in a square-shaped icon, thereby making it convenient for the users to share information easily. While you may see a vast number of QR code generating platforms available on the web, Chrome has recently introduced its built-in QR code generatorthat would help individuals generate and share QR codes of the URLs with ease. In case you are hearing about the feature for the first time, here’s everything about it you need to understand so as to enable and use it efficiently.
Create QR Codes for URLs Using Google Chrome
Individuals can easily generate QR codes on both mobile and desktop versions of Chrome. While there are some minorvariations in the QR code generation process on mobile and desktop, we have listed the methods for both of them under separate sections. So, follow this article to the end to know the instructions on how to use the feature on mobile as well as the desktop version of Chrome.
Generate QR Codes on Google Chrome Desktop
To generate QR codes on Chrome’s desktop version, you need to follow these steps:
- The QR code sharing feature and is still under development phase and hidden behind a Chrome flag. So, if you want to enable it, you need to open Chrome and further search for the option “Enable sharing page via QR Code.”
- Further, select “Enabled” appearing in the dropdown menu, and now you need to restart the browser. Alternatively, you can locate the flag by pasting the below-mentioned URL in Chrome’s address bar:
- Once you have enabled it, you will observe a new “Create QR code for this page” option upon right-clickingthe pages. Please be noted that this won’t work if youright-click on URLs appearing within a page. Another way you can access this option is by clicking on the QR button that would appear uponhighlighting the address bar.
- You will observe a generated QR code as soon as you click on the QR button. In that interface, you need to select your preferred URL of the QR code and further download it upon the requirement by clicking on the Download button. That’s all you need to do, and your QR code will be generated that you can scan using any QR code scanner app or a supported camera app to accomplish the task.
Make QR Codes on Google Chrome Mobile
- You don’t have to use Chrome flags on your Android device in order to access the QR code feature. On Chrome’s mobile version, you can simply open the browser and further visit the page whose QR code needs to be created. Now click on Share. A custom share sheet will appear on your screen, where you need to click on“QR Code.”
- Another significant aspect of Chrome mobile is that you can generate a QR code for the target link by long-pressing any URL on a web page. IN short: long-press any link, click on“Share link,” and select “QR Code.”
- Finally, you can download the QR code of that specific webpage. That’s it. Chrome also offers a built-in QR code scanner so as to help you easily scan the QR codes. You can access it from the Scan tab appearing on the same page.
So, these were the instructions on how to use Google Chrome to generateandshare QR codes. The recently introduced QR code creator by Google has made it easy for the users to generate QR codes, and it comes in handy when you need it.
That’s all from us for now. So, have you used the newly introduced QR code generator on your desktop or handset yet? Do let us know in the comment section if you face any issues.