In this article, we have discussed the steps you can follow to disable Optimize Storage on your iOS device for Apple Music. If you are a music lover, you would no doubt have a huge penchant for creating, downloading, and creating track collections of your favorites so that you can have access to them whenever desired. If you are among those who have a massive library of downloaded tracks, you can use “Optimize Storage” for Music so as to prevent the tracks from cluttering your device’s storage. The “Optimize Storage” is a great storage management feature that helps the device to automatically offload the tracksthat have not been streamed for a while, but sometimes you may find some tracks missing from your library. In that case, you need to turn off the Optimize Storage for Music on your iPad/iPhone. Below, we have mentioned the steps for the same:
Turning off Optimize Storage for Apple Music on iPad and iPhone
Even though, in terms of song removal, the internal music storage management featureis pretty useful. It removes the songs that haven’t been played for a while. The feature, however, often removes tracks that might have to be kept on the device. This might be a serious issue for the individuals who craft music libraries with a lot of passion. So, disabling the Optimize Storage would be the only option you are left with. So, you can follow the steps mentioned below to disable the feature for Music on your iPad or iPhone.
- You need to head over to the Settings app on your iPad or iPhone.
- Further, scroll below and tap on Music.
- Now, click on the option “Optimize Storage.”
- Then, disable the switch appearing immediately next to the Optimize Storage option.
That’s all you have to do.Now, your iPad/iPhone will no longer be able to remove thetracks automatically from your iOS or iPadOS device.
Manually Deleting the Downloaded Songs on iPad or iPhone
You might face storage issues, and your device may behave sluggishly due to the unnecessary internal space consumption by themusic tracks. So, it is recommended for you toremove thetracks that are of no use to you any further. This will help you clear storage. The Music Setting of your iOS/iPadOS device offers a very straightforward method to delete the tracks in question.
- Launch the Settings app on your iPad or iPhone.
- Further, click on Music.
- Click on the Downloaded Music option appearing under the Downloads section.
- Further, press theoption “Edit” appearing at the extreme right corner on the top of your device’s screen.
- Now click on the red button appearing to the immediate left of the trackthat needs to be deleted.
- Then, click on the “Delete” button, and once you have finished the process, click on Done appearing at the upper-right side of your device’s screen so as to confirm the modifications.
So, these were the steps using which you can turn off Optimize Storage for Apple Music on your iPad or iPhone easily. Even though the manual deletion of the music files can be tedious work to do, you may find it better than the automatic deletion of the files. This is because the manual deletion process lets you control which tracks to be kept and which ones need to be cleared out.