Windows 10 error code 0xc00000e is one of the blue screens of death errors on the operating system, and it is one of the worst problems. It mostly occurs during the startup process of the computer. Are you also facing this problem on your computer? If yes, then you have come to the right place. In this guide, we are going to illustrate how to troubleshoot it using some effective methods.
You are not the alone person facing this problem since millions of users around the world experience the same error code as yours. Some users give up when this error appears since it is almost impossible to fix if someone doesn’t have prior knowledge about it. As now you are here, we will not let you leave this page until your problem resolves. All you have to do is keep reading it until we finish. You will be able to fix it if you stick to the instructions that we are providing you below on this page.
Before we start troubleshooting it, we should know what this error is and why it appears. To know that, keep reading.
What is the 0xc00000e Error, and Why It Appears?
It is a BSOD error that appears during your computer boots. The complete message might appear like this: Recovery, your PC needs to be repaired; the required device isn’t connected or cannot be accessed. Then you may see the error code 0xc00000e on your screen. It will also say something like this: ‘You will require to utilize the recovery tool on your computer or an installation media. In case you don’t possess any installation media drive like a disk or USB, then get in touch with your computer administrator or manufacturer.’
The question is why it appears. The answer is simple- when there are some issues in your SSD or hard drive or your system cannot read it, it will display this error code. It can also appear if your hard drive has some operating system files missing or corrupted. This can lead Windows 10 to be unable to start properly.
There could also be hardware or software failures in your system that can cause this error.
Whatever the reason is, we can fix it undoubtedly using the steps provided on this page. So what’s the wait? Let’s get started.
Fixing Error Code 0xc00000e
As we don’t know the exact issue behind this error, we will need to apply and implement some troubleshooting methods on your computer to fix it. Let’s try out some methods one by one:
Utilize Windows 10 repair tool
Your Windows 10 computer has a built-in repair tool to troubleshoot the ongoing problems. We are going to use it to fix the ongoing issue on your computer. All you have to do is follow the steps that we are giving you below here:
- First of all, we need to open the Windows 10 boot menu on your computer.
- To do so, turn off your computer and then switch it on again.
- When the logo of your computer’s brand appears, hit the F2 key on your keyboard repeatedly.
- This will automatically open the boot menu on your computer.
- As you enter the boot menu, find and select the Boot Option and then change it to CD DVD ROM. If you are going to use a USB drive to fix the issue, choose USB as a boot option.
- Remember that you will need to create a bootable CD DVD or USB drive to repair this problem.
- To create a bootable USB or DVD, you have to download Microsoft’s free bootable media creation tool.
- Once you have changed the Boot Option to USB or CD, restart your computer, and it will boot from your USB or DVD.
- When you see a message saying, ‘Press any key to boot from CD or DVD’, quickly hit any key on your keyboard.
- This will trigger the Windows repair or installation process.
- Now choose your time zone and language as well as a keyboard input method.
- Then find and select the ‘Repair your computer’ option on your screen.
- Now hit the ‘Troubleshooting’ option and then select ‘Advanced options.’
- Now click on ‘Automatic repair.’
- Follow the instructions on your screen.
- Within a few minutes, you will see the results on your screen.
- Please remove the bootable DVD or USB from your computer safely.
- Now restart your computer as you usually do.
Check if the error is resolved. Most probably, you would be able to boot your computer normally after applying this fix. However, if there are hardware problems on your computer, this method might not be able to resolve that.
Let’s try another method to fix it.
Fixing Boot Configuration Data Files
A set of system files known as ‘boot configuration data files’ is responsible for effectively booting your computer. If they get corrupt, your computer will not start normally, and as a result, you will see the error code 0xc00000e.
You will need to fix the boot configuration data files on your computer to troubleshoot this problem. After fixing these files, your computer should boot normally.
Here is what you need to do to fix these files:
- Using bootable USB or DVD, boot your computer and navigate to the troubleshooting menu.
- Once you boot your computer using it, you will see the Windows Setup page.
- Choose the language, time zone, and input method as per your choice and then hit the ‘Next’ button on the bottom.
- Find and select the ‘Repair your computer’ option.
- Click on ‘Troubleshoot.’
- Go to ‘Advanced options.’
- Go to Command Prompt.
- You are doing great up to now, but now you have to enter some commands into the command prompt to fix the files.
- So please enter these commands one by one and hit the enter button after each command:
- bootrec /scanos
- bootrec /fixmbr
- bootrect /fixboot
- bootrec /rebuildbcd
- Now close the Command Prompt and restart your computer as you usually do.
You should be able to fix the error code 0xc00000e effectively after this solution.
Resetting BIOS to Fix Error 0xc00000e
By resetting the BIOS of your computer, you can also fix this error since improperly configured bios settings can lead to errors and technical problems. So please follow the steps given here:
- First of all, restart your computer and wait for your computer’s brand logo to appear on your screen.
- Now access BIOS settings by pressing one of these keys- F1, F12, Esc, or Del. You will have to know yourself which key works on your computer to open the BIOS settings.
- As you enter the BIOS, use your keyboard’s arrow keys to access the settings available there.
- Look for the ‘Default’ option on the BIOS setup.
- Now access this option and then select it by pressing the enter button.
- Please reset your BIOS settings to default.
- Now save and exit the BIOS settings by pressing the appropriate keys.
- Restart your computer and see if you are still facing the problem.