Just started using the Discord app on your device and want to connect it to your Spotify account? Like all other social media apps such as Facebook or Instagram, Discord is also one of the commonly used chatting apps. It might not be that much popular as Facebook or WhatsApp, but it also comes with various amazing features that one can use to have the best experience. In fact, it is not just a chatting app, but it also enables you to play your favorite video games while communicating with other users. The features that this great app provides us include text messaging, video and audio calling, group chat rooms, and more than that. This app can be accessed on the platform, including Android, iOS, Windows, and Mac computers. It is an easy-to-use application that one can access to stay connected with their friends.
Do you also use the Discord app on any of your devices? Want to connect it with your Spotify account so that you can play and share your favorite music on this platform? If you are a new user of the Discord app, then you might not know how you can connect it with the Spotify app. If this is the case, then don’t worry. We are here to guide you. Through this step-by-step guide, you will get to know how you can connect your Discord account with the Spotify app. So, please proceed further by reading this full post explaining the complete task.
Everything You Should Know About Connecting Discord to Spotify
However, most people use the Discord app to communicate with their friends while playing their favorite video games. And adding music to your Discord chats can provide you with a more entertaining and the best experience. But the question is, how exactly can you do that. Well, through the instructions mentioned here, connecting Spotify to your Discord account will be easy. And when it comes to music streaming apps, then no other app is best than Spotify. Spotify is one of the most commonly used music streaming applications that provide various great features to its users to enhance their experience. Like the Discord app, one can use the Spotify app on all the devices. And sharing Spotify music on Discord can be a great way to socialize with your friends. So, if you don’t know how you can connect Spotify to your Discord account, you must take a look at the below-mentioned instructions. So, it’s time to get started.
The Steps for Connecting Spotify to Discord on Desktop
Here are the steps for connecting Spotify to a Discord account on a computer system:
- Start the procedure by launching the Discord app on your computer system. Or you can also use the web version of the app.
- And after launching the app, go through the Settings icon placed at the lower-right corner of your screen.
- After you reach the Settings section, navigate to the “Connections” tab given on the head of the sidebar to the left. Here, you will see all the accounts that are linked to the Discord account.
- And next, go to the “Connect your Accounts” section and then go to the Spotify icon.
- And after this, you will be taken to a new page, where you will have to log in to your Spotify account. Now, allow your Spotify account to connect to your Discord account.
- And after granting permission, you will see that both the accounts are now linked by going through the “Connections” section. Also, you will see a badge on the Discord profile. It will show your Spotify username. And that’s all. Now, every time when you play a song on Spotify on the same device on which you have logged into your Discord account, your status shall get changed to “tuning in to Spotify.” And with this, the other users will be able to see what songs you are playing at the moment by going through your username. They can even play the same music on their computer or can listen along with you.
The Steps for Connecting Spotify to Discord on Smartphones
Here are the steps for connecting Spotify to Discord on smartphones:
- On your smartphone, open Discord.
- And now, you will need to swipe right through your device screen to get to the server/channel browser.
- Tap on the profile picture.
- After you reach the next screen, tap on Connections and then choose the option of “Add.”
- And after this, you will be asked to add an account that you are going to connect to the app.
- Choose the “Spotify” option. And then, on the next page, log in to your Spotify account and let the app get connected to your Discord account.
So, that is how one can connect the Spotify app to their Discord account using their computer system and mobile devices. The procedure is much easier that can be followed by any of you. And if you would like to explore more features of the Discord app, please take a tour of our website and read the related articles.
Billy Mark is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Billy has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.