iPhone and iPad applications are pretty useful and enticing when compared with Mac’s apps. However, your Mac doesn’t have all the apps your iPad and iPhone have. If you want to play your iPhone and iPad apps on Mac, you have come to the right place as in this article, I will show you just that.
Remember, the method we will follow in this article only works on the latest Mac systems. If your Mac runs on Apple Silicone, such as an M1 processor, you would be able to play your iPhone and iPad apps directly on your Mac computer. You also have to make sure that your Mac has macOS Big Sur or the latest operating systems to use iOS applications.
Once you have the above things we have mentioned, you are all set to use iPhone apps on your MacBook or Mac desktop.
A Simple Way to Play iOS Apps on Mac
Please follow the given down instructions to start using your iOS applications on your Mac:
- On your computer’s dock, tap the launchpad icon.
- You will now see several icons and apps on your computer screen.
- Select the app store from that list.
- If the app store icon is not there, you can use the search bar located on the top to find it and open it.
- You can also use the spotlight search feature to find this application.
- Once you have launched App Store, search for any iPhone or iPad app you want to download and install to your device.
- You will not see the iPhone apps directly after searching. This is because the app store is set to Mac app only.
- You need to click on the “iPhone and iPad apps” option.
- You should now see the app you are looking for in the App Store for downloading and installing.
- If you cannot see the app you are searching for, the developer may not have developed it yet for Mac.
- Not all iOS applications are available on Mac. So keep that in mind while doing so.
- If you have found the app you were looking for, select it from the result.
- Click on the Download or the Get button to get started.
- The downloading and installing process will take a while to complete. The installation time depends on the size of the application you are downloading.
- After the app is installed, click on the Open button to launch the application you just installed.
- The application will start working, and you will see it on your screen.
- It will also have its independent window like other Mac softwares.
- Once you have exited the application, you will access it from the launchpad in the dock.
In case you cannot find the application you are looking for on the launchpad, you can use the spotlight search bar to find it and use it.
That is how simple it is to download, install, and use the iPad or IPhone applications on Mac. We hope you have liked this guide and found it practical. If you have an older Mac computer, we are so sorry we can’t help you.
Daisy Martin arrived on the cyber security scene in the early 2000s when virus and malware were still new and slowly evolving. Her longtime affair with writing with an interest in the cybersecurity industry, combined with her IT degree, has contributed to experience several aspects of security suite industry such as blogging at norton.com/setup.