Many technology geeks advise people to perform a clean Windows installation to clean up their PC and make it faster. However, when you do so, there are higher chances that you will lose all your data. This article will show you how you can reset your computer to its original condition without even reinstalling the operating system.
There are several advantages and disadvantages of reinstalling Windows on your computer. One such drawback is that it takes too much time and effort. Not only that, but you need to make some preparations as well to reinstall Windows.
Therefore, I would not advise you to do a clean windows installation if you want to restore it to its original state.
We have a lot of better options available to make this happen. It will be too easy for you and might take only a few minutes. You won’t need to create those troublesome bootable USB drives and wait a couple of hours.
We have a few methods to optimize your PC as a new one. We are going to share two of them in this article today.
Let’s get started.
Using keep my files on Windows 10
There is an option in Windows 10 to reset your computer to its original state without affecting your data. You will get a wholly new and faster PC after this process. You can call it the soft reinstallation of your Windows 10 PC. It’s a perfect way to optimize your PC’s performance and get that new look and feel without destroying your data and time.
Let’s learn how to use it:
- First of all, make sure you are on the home screen of your Windows 10 computer.
- Launch the start menu on your device.
- Open the settings by clicking the Cog like icon.
- Once the settings appear, click on the update and security tile.
- From the left tab, quickly press the recovery button.
- On the right side of the screen, find the Reset this PC section.
- Click on the get started button.
- Choose the keep my files choice on your screen.
- Follow the instructions that it shows you.
- That’s all you need to do.
Restoring an old PC to its initial state using Windows Restore Points
Windows 10 has a feature named restore points. All you need to do is revert your device to a previous state. You will find several restore points of your computer in this service. That way, you will make your PC look and feel like when it was new.
Here is how to restore your PC with a restore point:
- Make sure you are on the desktop background screen.
- Launch the start menu and search “create a restore point.”
- Click the best matching result.
- The system properties window should appear on your computer.
- Carefully go through the information on your screen and follow its suggestions to restore your PC to a previous point.
That’s all you can do to make your old PC look and feel like a new one. We hope you have found it helpful and practical.
Emily Watson is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on webroot.com/safe and many other related topics. She is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience.