Do you want to block a person on the Signal messaging app? Have you recently changed your mind and wish to unblock a blocked person on Signal? If you want to learn how to use the blocking and unblocking feature on Signal, you have landed on the right place.
This article will instruct you on how you can do just that when needed. Let’s get started.
What is Signal?
It is a highly encrypted mobile messaging application. This app allows a reliable and secured communication between worldwide users. You can initiate a video call, voice call, and text messages using this application. It’s a kind of social communication application similar to WhatsApp. Even though it’s not as popular as other messaging applications, it is a highly secured communication app. The application provides complete control over who can contact you and who cannot. Signal Foundation and Signal Messenger LLC have developed this cross-platform communication app to allow people to connect with each other securely. You can also start a group conversation with this application.
Why Would You Want to Unblock or Blocked Someone on Signal?
Blocking and unblocking a person on any social communication app can be a useful and secure way to avoid unnecessary security issues. The same goes for Signal, as you may want to block someone to prevent unwanted people from contacting you. Blocking someone may also be vital in case someone threatens you.
When it comes to unblocking someone, there could be many reasons you want to unblock someone you have blocked in the past. You may have now changed your mind and want to catch up once again. Whatever the reason is, you can easily unblock and block someone on the Signal app as per your desire and convenience.
Let’s learn how the process goes.
How to Block Someone on Signal
Please follow the given below steps to make it happen:
- First of all, open the Signal app on your device. No matter if you are using a mobile phone, Windows PC, laptop, Mac, iPhone, or iPad, just open the app.
- Once you have opened the app and it appears on your screen, make sure to open the inbox section and find the conversation of the person that you want to block.
- When the conversation appears, click on the person’s name, which is located next to the person’s profile picture.
- The profile page of the person should appear on your devices.
- Look for the option that says Block User at the bottom.
- A confirmation prompt will appear, and you need to hit the Block button to give your consent.
- Finally, select the OK button to wrap up the process.
This will block the person permanently from the Signal app.
Unblocking Someone on Signal
Unlike other social networking platforms, Signal allows you to easily see whether you have blocked someone or not. If you see the blocked option on a profile picture, that means you have blocked the person.
Here are the instructions for how you can unblock a person that you have blocked on Signal:
- First of all, open the Signal app on your device.
- Navigate to the conversation of the person that you want to unblock.
- Once you open the conversation, you should see the Unblock button on the bottom.
- Hit that button and follow the on-screen instructions to unblock it.
That’s how you can simply block and unblock a person on the Signal messaging app.
Daisy Martin arrived on the cyber security scene in the early 2000s when virus and malware were still new and slowly evolving. Her longtime affair with writing with an interest in the cybersecurity industry, combined with her IT degree, has contributed to experience several aspects of security suite industry such as blogging at norton.com/setup.