All smart TVs have an IP address. IP stands for Internet Protocol, which is a set of standards for sending and receiving data. If your Samsung TV has a built-in web browser, then the IP address will help it to connect to the internet, allowing you to watch movies, listen to music, and much more. But most users face issues to find the IP address of their devices. Would you like to know how to check the IP address on Samsung TV?
Here are the directions, as given below:
Check IP Address through the Mobile
Here are the steps to check your Samsung TV’s IP address using a mobile phone:
- First of all, you have to sign in to the Samsung account, or if you don’t have it, then consider creating a fresh one.
- After that, go to the Add icon to add a fresh device.
- You should tap on the Samsung TV.
- Thereafter, navigate to the Settings option and click on it.
- Then invoke the General Settings.
- You have to choose the Network option.
- Navigate to the Network Status and tap on it.
- Later, reach the IP Settings and launch it.
- Now, you can see your IP address on Samsung TV.
- In case you are using the SmartThings application, it will not take more time. Moreover, in case you are using the application before. You should link the mobile with several devices in the house and utilize it to operate them even while you are not present at home.
Check the IP Address via the Router
Following are the steps to check your device IP address using a router:
- You should invoke the web browser on your system.
- After that, open the sign-in page of the Router.
- Then sign-in to the account through your details.
- You have to invoke the connected devices list.
- Navigate to your Samsung TV.
- Finally, you can see the IP address.
Check IP Address via Discovering Tools
If you want to check the IP address using other tools for discovery, here is what you need to do:
- You should install and run the Fing application.
- After that, select the Devices option.
- You have to choose the Scan option.
- You can see all connected devices listed on the Wi-Fi.
- Beneath all devices, you should see the IP address.
- Now, go to the list and locate the Samsung TV and check its address.
Harry Williams is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on webroot.com/safe and many other related topics. He is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience.